Do you want to advance your well-developed English language skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening? Then study 22492VIC Certificate IV in English as an Additional Language (EAL) (Further Study) at VASS College of Vocational Education.At VASS College of Vocational Education we will equip you with the literacy skills you will need to develop pathways to enhance your career opportunities, life skills, further study and general Australian knowledge.
22492VIC – Certificate IV in EAL (Further Study) is designed for students with considerable English language skills. They can already communicate effectively in a wide range of formal and informal situations in their social and community life, and in some situations in the workplace.This course can lead to further English study in the Employment/ Professional streams or Certificate IV and Diploma industry qualifications and higher education.
• Delivered face-to-face, at one day per week at 6 hours per day for 36 weeks
• Real life applications at 8 hours per week
• Research and project work at 6 hours per week
*Please note that the above hours are the minimum hours required for a student to complete. Hours will vary per individual learning plan in order to address learning/skills gaps and for extra support where needed.
• Applicants will be required to undertake an English assessment in two parts
• Informal interview – to assess spoken English language skills
• Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) written test – to assess written English language skills
• Minimum entry score of ACSF level 3
Students who have previously completed a Nationally Accredited course may be eligible to receive credit towards the course.
RPL is offered to any Learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within this Certificate III English as an Additional Language course. During the enrolment process a potential Learner may discuss any prior evidence before commencing training to determine if they are eligible for RPL. An additional fee for this service will be discussed with you upon application.
Upon completion of the Certificate in IV EAL (Further Study) students have the option to complete further study by enrolling in
• Other Certificate IV in EAL qualification
• Certificate IV and Diploma industry qualifications
• Higher education
• Fully equipped classroom (including projector, whiteboard, internet access, tea and coffee faculties);
• Learner and facilitator guides;
• Lesson plans;
• Relevant policies, procedures, legislative and regulatory materials;
• Free Wi-Fi access;
• Guest speakers;
• PowerPoint presentations;
• Assessment handouts;
• Access to the local Council library;
• Educational posters located around the classroom for student reference;
• Library or access to learning resources;
• Student mentoring, if requested or required, to help her/him to meet competency and learning requirements;
• Encouragement of establishing study support groups; and
• Senior student buddy mentoring.
Assistance is provided for people with disability including wheelchair access, access to welfare services, large learning spaces.