HLTAID002 - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain breathing and circulation in an adult, child or infant following cardiac arrest. Content is based on Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
This course is delivered as 5.5 hour workshop following which students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies and a written quiz.
There are no pre requisites for this course, however students must be physically fit to perform CPR on the floor.
• Chain of survival
• Assessing the situation
• Basic life support – DRSABCD
• Performing CPR
• Demonstrating the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
• Care of the unconscious person
• Special techniques for children and infants
• CPR in special circumstances
• Breathing emergencies including choking and asthma
• Severe allergic reaction
• Bleeding and wound care
• Infection control
Assistance is provided for people with disability including wheelchair access, access to welfare services, large learning spaces.
$80.00 (includes $7.27 GST)
* A payment of AUD$20 might be required for the issuing of official academic transcript
How to apply
To apply for enrolment in this course please contact VASS College of Vocational Education below or feel free to come meet us in person. Our staff would love to talk with you about your study goals to determine the best course for you.Contact Us